Overview: Helping One another come to the light with truth so we can walk 2gether and stay strong toward the path and journey to salvation.
One CENT Peace
There are Two sides to every coin… They face opposite ends, yet they are connected – bonded. They are different, yet they are one. Each is unique, yet all the same. As time passes, they corrode, but always hold the same value. In life we all have 2 sides to us and at times of darkness (the world is dark), sharing our truth helps us flip the coin and walk in the light again.
As brothers and sisters in Christ we have a great opportunity, 2 walk 2gether, with love putting our trust, faith, and hope in God (In God We Trust), which gives us Freedom to walk with Jesus (Liberty), and given the Holy Spirit to shield us from the world (E Pluribus Unum – Out of Many, One). We need these 3 things for salvation! There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. Eph 4:4-6
We are ALL Gifts
A little penny can be our reminder that each of us is a Gift, sometimes we feel discarded by the world, we may feel worthless, but as Christians we can see the value and beauty in every little penny and together we can make Cents of the world. “How blessed is the man who finds wisdom And the man who gains understanding. For her profit is better than the profit of silver And her gain better than fine gold.” Proverbs 3:13-14
We are ALL Children
Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. 1 John 3:18
We were all Babies once, innocent to the world. No matter what age, we are still children and blessings from and to God. Yet as pennies, we get discarded by others, we forget that each One of us was minted by a creator. Many times we do not treat each other or ourselves as gifts, we forget we each have worth. “When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:11-13
It takes just ONE
It takes just one person to listen, to understand, to care, to show compassion, to love… To heal, to help us walk out of the darkness. We can, and as Christians, should be, that person to others. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. Galatians 6:9,10… Sadness and depression is a lonely place. But we are not alone. We never are, yet there are many (even those in Christ) who lose faith and abandon hope. The church is not a building, but the people (pennies) and as humans we yearn the comfort, love, and care of One another.
We sometimes don’t share our truth and put on masks out of fear of judgement or rejection. We hide behind our pain to not expose or burden others with our “problems.” We continue on “breathing” but not “living.” We plaster smiles to “save face,” while some of us slowly die inside. We should never abandon Hope because in the darkest of times, there’s always light that shines in our hearts if we speak truth. We are stronger when we work as One 2 stand and work 2gether One Step at a time.
It’s Common Cents
Focus on Trinity
(3 Steps for salvation)
God • Jesus • Holy Spirit
- God – “In God we Trust”
- Trust in the Lord : Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalms 115:11, Isaiah 26:4, Isaiah 12:2, Isaiah 50:10
- Judgement : Luke 6:37, John 3:18
- Love : 1 John 4:16
- History: First coin to have the motto “In God we Trust” during Lincoln’s tenure in office. Theodore Roosevelt attempted to get the motto removed as offending
- Jesus – “Liberty”
- Life: John 14:6, John 3:16, Jude 1:21, Romans 6:23, 2
- Freedom/Truth : Galatians 5:1, Romans 8:1-4, Ephesians 4:15, 1 Peter 1:3-9, 1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 2:1-6
- Faith : Romans 10:9-10, 17, Romans 5:1, Ephesians 2:8, 1 Peter 5:6-11
- History: Portrait of Lincoln symbol of Liberty (1909). Lincoln was the first real person depicted for freedom. Previously it had always been a symbolic “person.”
Lincoln freed the slaves during his tenure in office. Liberty was first seen on the Cent piece.
- Holy Spirit – “E Pluribus Unum – Out of Many, One”
- Shield/Strength : Ephesians 6:11-20
- Loyalty/Bonded : Ephesians 4:11-12, 1 John 2:9-12
- Hope/Forgiveness : Romans 5:5, Romans 15:13
- History: In 2010 they added Union Shield on the back. Represented Lincoln’s preservation of the Union. 13 Stripes representing the Union Epluribus Unum means “Out of Many, One”. One Cent is on the reverse of the coin (One Church).
- 1 Peter 5:6-11, Ephesians 4:1-4, 6-32, Matthew 5:3-48, Luke 6:41-45, Joshua 1:9, 1 Thessalonians 5:16, 1 John 4:1-21, Colossians 1:2, 4-20